It all starts with the feet!
Our specialised podiatrists have a wealth of experience providing geriatric foot care for the Australian elderly. Foot health is important as foot mobility and lower limb control is important in fall prevention.
Foot conditions such as bunions, ingrown toenails and calluses are uncomfortable, leading to altered movements and limited mobility. Podiatric concerns are increased when the elderly person has other chronic health conditions such as diabetes. Services provided will include assessing skin integrity and managing skin irritations and sores.
Amicare’s Podiatrists provide the following services:
- In-home podiatry
- In-residential care podiatry
- Complete foot assessments, recommendations and care plans
- Diabetic foot care
- Nail treatment and management
- Corn and calluses removal
- Foot ulcers and wound management
- Specialised footwear and orthotic prescription
- Managing lower limb circulatory and sensory changes
Our Multidisciplinary allied health team work collaboratively with each other and other key stakeholders. If you would like to learn more about our Podiatry services, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.